Saturday, November 19, 2011

# 46 - My Hardest Challenge - Staying Healthy When You're Sick

I felt pretty proud of myself last week. I accomplished two important health related projects - I updated the prescription on my eye glasses finally after six years. And I got a flu shot.
So maybe I felt like a big shot - an icon of good health. That'll show you/me!
Okay, now I'm stumped. I have a terrible cold. I cough until it feels like I might faint, and am filled with yuchsa phlegm. I can't stop coughing, so I can't sleep at night.
During the day, I have a lousy cough too and that is keeping me from eating any dairy products. Dairy products are not good for a cough. So, there's not much that makes me feel okay to eat. I could eat tuna, but I don't want tuna.
I think I'd like toast and butter. My mother always gave me toast and butter when I wasn't feeling well.
I'd also like farina. I always ate a big bowl of boiling hot farina when I was sick. I put in salt and loads of milk. It was creamy and yummmmy. Or what about a hot cocoa? Mommy always made me delicious feel-better hot cocoa. Sigh.
I want to eat healthy while I'm sick, but I can't think of anything else to eat. I had salad twice today with chicken, but those are just foods, not foods that make you feel better when you're sick.
Adding to my problem...I also can't exercise tonight. I usually go to Zumba on Saturday night, but I'm afraid if I get sweaty and worn out at Zumba then I'll get pneumonia. This is the first time in many many weeks that I went two days without real exercise. Oh no!!!! 
So, unless I can come up with some good ideas, I think this sick week might not be too healthy for me. Oy. Cough cough. That hurts. And it will hurt worse if I gain weight because of this cold. Not fair. Achoo. Tzu gezunt (to your health). Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment