Tuesday, November 8, 2011

# 39 - 3 Hi Maries and 20 Minutes on the Treadmill

Today I enjoyed Grandmother Utopia. I made cookies with two of my granddaughters. Now, I have to say that I do not know how to make cookies. I can hardly cook at all, so baking cookies is definitely out of my league. But I always wanted my granddaughters to have that Perfect Grandmother. I didn't want them to feel left out when the other girls spoke about their amazing domesticated grandmothers, who can cook and bake and make the best Grandma Cookies.
So, I planned ahead. I asked my daughter who is not only multi-talented, but she can cook and bake, to make me a cookie dough. When my granddaughter finished her lunch and washed her hands, we took the cookie dough out of the fridge, and my two young ladies each got a few balls of dough, which they patted down and then added sprinkles to.
The plan worked. The girls were so thrilled, and they thought they were actually making the cookies. My daughter had made quite a batch, so we had enough for my other grandchildren and their parents. My mini-bakers were very happy that they'd be able to share the fruits of their labor with their parents and cousins.
Before we started cooking, I told myself that I would not eat any cookies. They were just for the children. I more or less (more of the less, than the more) kept my word. I didn't have a whole cookie. I broke off a quarter of one cookie straight out of the oven, because I was so curious to see how they came out. (Amazing!) Then when everything was divvied up, I broke off another cookie. So I didn't have a cookie. I had a half a cookie. But still, this was a rich delicious cookie, so I'm sure it was pretty weighty.
So I have to make atonement. I figure it's worth about 3 "Hi Maries" and 20 minutes on the treadmill. I'll try to pay up tomorrow.
I'd feel sad that I had the cookie, but I can't. I don't feel like I cheated on a diet. I'm not on a diet. I'm entrenched in a healthy lifestyle. But living life is part of that lifestyle. And I had such a memorable time with my granddaughters, I have to feel happy. Plus... I'm willing to pay the price, so I guess it was all worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment