Thursday, November 17, 2011

# 46 - Exercise, You CAN Have It All!

My friend invited me to try out her exercise class. I told her, "Not now, thank you. I like my exercise class. I'm used to it, and I'm comfortable there." Really, I do like my teacher. I understand what she wants. I know what to do, and I feel like I'm really getting something out of it.
Well, in the past two weeks at the Efrat Women's Health Center, we've had a few different teachers substituting for our regular exercise and zumba instructors.
Each one of the instructors had her own routine, her own rhythm, her own way about her. And although they didn't have the "way" that I was used to, it was a different experience and even exciting to try to exercise in a new way.
Last night, Laine Richler,  the exercise director of our Healthy Living Program, taught our class. She had us Rumba-ing and Mambo-ing all over the room. She had us squatting (my least favorite exercise) and jumping around in all kinds of patterns. And while she was teaching us, she was explaining the reason for each movement. That was pretty interesting.
It made me realize that while exercising in one class is a fun and comfortable (even when you're sweating) way to go, that if I had to find a different exercise venue, I'd be able to make it.
That's nice to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment