Wednesday, November 2, 2011

# 33 - Award Winner

I can't remember the last time I won an award. Wait, I'm thinking. Um. Um. Nope, I can't remember the last time I won an award.
Well, I won an award tonight.
Last week at the Efrat Women's Health Center, our nutritionist Judy Kizer and our social worker Alizah Shapiro discussed the major role exercise plays in obtaining a healthy, more fit life. Eat less, move more. That's simple for a while. But after weeks or months on a health program, you've got to move more and more. Simple exercising is not enough.
In fact, last week our exercise instructor Daphne Kupietzky moved us up another notch in our workout. And tonight our Zumba instructor Tanya Richardson had us dancing full speed in her routines. As the sweat flew in all directions (like some TV commercial for some crazy soda) off our brows, Tanya mentioned, "You might have noticed that I've increased the difficulty of your routines a little." A little!!! B"H, we made it through.
Anyway...last week Judy and Alizah announced that the person who exercises the most during the coming week would win a prize.
Although I love prizes (actually, what I like is working hard to earn the prize), I was hoping everyone would try to hard to exercise and win the prize that everyone would win.
Well, the time for the exercise count came, and the numbers came in - 200, 250 minutes. Forget it, I thought, I can't compete.
Suddenly Alizah smiled and said, "With 423 minutes of exercise time...the winner is Sharon!!" They, that's me. Wow, I still can't believe I clocked 423 minutes of exercise in the week. But starting out every morning on the treadmill gave me a really great base with which to begin my day.
Then I've got tap dancing twice a week, plus extra Zumba classes, and each block of time adds up.
So, I won a great new metal sports bottle. I love it. It's totally me.
And next week I'm hoping once again that everyone will win.
Oy, it's after 12. I've got to hit the hay so I can get up for tap.
Eat less and move more and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment