Monday, November 14, 2011

# 43 - Neither Rain, Nor Sleet, Nor Snow

The US Postal Service has a motto, "Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds." Well, as I stepped outside tonight to go to my exercise class at the Efrat Women's Health Center, I felt like a US Postman.
It was pouring, well, really ...hailing. And the lighting was fat and bellowing.
But I was not going to allow a rainstorm to stop me from going to work out. In fact, I was thrilled to run to the car through the rain. And as the plump drops plopped on my windshield, I was filled with thanks to the Creator of Rain and everything else, for the wonderful treat.
I got to the Efrat Women's Health Center looking like a drowned rat. But I got there. And I worked out for 40 minutes. By the end of the session, you couldn't tell which parts of me were dripping because of the rain, and which because of the leg lifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment