Saturday, August 13, 2011

# 20 - How to Keep that Morning Feeling

I'm not a morning person. If you've read my past blogs (if you haven't, you can still do so now :) ), you know that I'm very much a night owl. I always found that my best times for getting anything done were from 10 PM - 1 AM. But in the past few weeks, because of advice and strong recommendations from Efrat Women's Health Center nutritionist Judy Kizer and social worker Alizah Shapiro, I close my computer around 12.
I try to get up earlier too, so that I can start my day a tad earlier and regain some of my lost evening time.
So my eyelids flicker at 7:50 am and I make sure I'm out of bed by 8, IY'H.
I greet the morning with high hopes. I have so much packed into my daily schedule, I'm usually hopeful and excited that it will be a good day all around.
I hope it's going to be a productive day, a day with happy family moments popping up here and there, a day for a hi-and-bye with friends, and even a healthy day.

Yes, there's so much hope and anticipation in the morning, but it's not entirely realistic.
Truthfully I can't possibly accomplish all I hope for during the day, and inevitably my work is going to pile up. Oh joy, not.
Besides that, it's morning, and I haven't even gotten to the kitchen yet. I can anticipate eating healthy foods all day, getting a little sun, chalking up a load of steps, but it's only that morning feeling of positive inspiration. So how do you keep that morning feeling going? I have no idea, but I'm going to try.

First I think I will go to the mirror, make a big smile, and hope for good things.
If you've got any ideas, please let me know. And if I do succeed in keeping that great morning optimism going all day, I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment