Monday, August 1, 2011

# 13 - Look the Part

As you remember, I joined the Efrat Women's Health Center about three weeks ago. We exercise, do zumba, learn how to deal with stress and change bad habits one at a time. We celebrate little victories and try to learn how to overcome our own personal big obstacles. We talk about ways we can succeed in getting healthy and encourage one another to get moving.Our group of women are getting to be friends and are starting to care for each other and understand the challenges the others face.
But more than anything else. We're getting into the health shvung.
Clothes Make the Woman
We began by coming to the Center in our regular clothes - exercising, chatting, going home.
Already a week ago, when I walked into the exercise class, the health transformation had begun. Some of the women looked seriously ready for action - hair swept up in clips or pony tails. Lighter weight clothing - usually black!, and exercise clothes from the super-white double-tied sneakers on the tips of their toes to the new haircuts to cut sweating to a minimum. (Okay, I know the photo on the left is a guy, but did you really think I'd show you the women in their black exercisers? Um, noo!) One of my friends looked ready to run a marathon.
You might think these clothes are silly, but they honestly help to encourage a good work out and get you into the healthy frame of mind. They say, "I'm serious about my exercising. I want to make my exercising fun."
I guess in time I'll have my special work out outfit too. Of course, mine will probably be bright pink, instead of black. (No, I won't show you a photo.)
Meanwhile you must have a look at my zumba teacher's sneakers. Wow, talk about dressing for zumba success!!! They're exciting and fun like zumba and they glow in the dark. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment