Sunday, August 7, 2011

# 16 - Wonder of Wonders

My sister-in-law gave me a copy of a women's magazine that she loves. It really is fantastic. You can't believe all the exciting information packed inside.
It tells you that you can sleep better with a spider plant giving off more oxygen in your room, and you can get rid of mold with a peace lily. You can look 10 years younger by wearing colorful nail polish, and you can do better in college by sitting next to the window. Wow!
Women who read this magazine must have wonderful lives.

On top of all that it tells you about the woman who lost 104 pounds by thinking positively, the diet trick that guarantees you lose 10% of your body weight, another that promises eight pounds a week, a probiotic yogurt eating plan that sends you from flabby to fabulous in record time. Then it's filled with interviews of women who tried each of these programs and lost 60, 80, 100 pounds.
Good Intentions
Really, I bet every one of those plans work, as long as people stick to them. There's something good in every weight loss program. It's called good intentions, and if you have good intentions, and act on them, then good things must happen.
I mean, this one smiley woman said, "Honestly, I lost 15 pounds in 17 days." 15 pounds in 17 days, that's unbelievable.
I've given up chocolate and cheese doodles and working late and don't forget, I'm trying to take more steps every day (it's 3:23 PM and the pedometer says 3863 - I've already passed the couch potato, yay!!!!), and I'm grateful if I lose a pound a week and then I flip through the magazine and I see this lady who says "I've gone down 3 dress sizes this month alone."
So how does all that make me feel?
Smiley!
I'm happy for all these ladies. I'm glad that by wearing green, laughing more, walking in the sun, eating yogurt, making friends and all kinds of other things , you'll lose weight.
And I hope to add, not just one of these tips into my life, but all of them, plus the advice of the Women's Health Center, because every week I'm learning some new way to make my life healthier too. Then watch out.
Well, gotta run ... To eat my yogurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment