Monday, May 7, 2012

# 68 - A Running Victory

I ran home a quarter of the way from the Efrat Women's Health Center tonight. Okay, that's no big deal. You'd know that it's really no big deal if you saw how close I live to the Health Center. But I don't usually run. Sometimes I've walked at a nice clip on the treadmill. I tap dance. But I don't usually run.
So, tonight the weather was beautiful. I was all energized from our exercise class with our trainer Daphne Kupietzky, and I felt very inspired by the Mountain to Valley Run that Daphne and zumba teacher Tanya Richardson had just done in the north of Israel. They ran for 24 hours (on and off) up mountains and through fields, over all kinds of terrain. I just had to get home, up the block, and I thought, "I'll try it."
I started running. I ran to the corner. Then I walked. I ran half a block, and walked. Then I ran a bit more, and walked. 
Someone called out from a car across the street. "Sharon, do you need to get somewhere?" "No," I replied. "So, why are you running?" "Because I want to see if I can," I said. And off I went. B"H, I guess I can.
So, this week I made it a quarter of the length running. Next time, maybe, I'll try for five-eighths, or at least five-sixteenths. :)
I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

  1. Next year you'll run in the J-M Marathon ;-). YEAY Sharon!!!

    ReplyDelete