Friday, May 4, 2012

# 67 - Turn Back the Clock

I woke up this morning the same weight I was when I was nine months pregnant with my daughter. You might be saying, "aghhhhh, oh no!!!" But actually I have almost never weighed as little since then. My now nineteen and a half year old was born just before we made Aliyah, and I brought my newborn and all my weight along to Israel. 
I never found the food I liked or that I had been used to in America, and I was so busy with a new baby, and confused by a foreign life that I never had the ability to organize myself enough to take off the "baby fat" (mine, not hers)
Well, finally after 19 years in this blessed land, and almost two decades of doing solely for others, I finally found the time and the desire to do something for myself. I made my husband buy me diamond earrings, :), I learned to tap dance, and thanks to the persistence of my tap teacher Judy Kizer (she's also my nutritionist) and the support and brainwashing of the Efrat Women's Health Center I am finally turning back the clock - at least where the scale is concerned. 
And guess what I am wearing to my youngest son's upcoming wedding? The dress I wore to my oldest son's bar mitzvah 18 years ago! And you know what? B"H, poo poo poo, it looks really great!

No comments:

Post a Comment