Saturday, April 14, 2012

# 63 - Oh, Nuts!

While I didn't eat one piece of cake over Pesach (kol hakavod...thank you), it was torturous to sit at the table to hours as everyone nibbled on Pesach cakes (which it seems, aren't that bad). It wouldn't have been so bad if I could have taken out a rice cake with some jelly, or something else to munch on...but I had nothing to compete with the brownies and coffee cake and cookies.
So, I tried nuts. I know I overdid it with the nuts (they're not calorie-less), but I feel at peace with my decision to eat nuts while everyone else was eating cake. They may not have been so dietetic, but they were surely healthier than a chocolate torte, and they made me feel that I was in control. I knew I was eating a bit too many nuts, but I was proud that I passed over the cakes and chocolate bars.
When I get on the scale on Monday, I may say, "Oh nuts!", but I'll know that I did my best to keep control of my health on Passover. That makes me feel good.

No comments:

Post a Comment