Wednesday, April 11, 2012

# 62 - Motivations to Keep Going

Passover has not been an easy holiday for me. Okay, I've kept away from the matzah, but I'm having a real hard time finding something to chew on. Rice cakes are out on Passover (unless you're a Sephardic Jew, which I'm not), and that doesn't leave much stuff that's crunchy. So every night, I've had walnuts and dates. The walnuts give the crunch and the dates add some sweetness.
But tonight I must have looked in the fridge, freezer and pantry a dozen times, looking for a crunch.
I could have given in and had a brownie or some cookies or washed my hands to sit down to matzah with cream cheese and jelly, but I kept control, B"H, and stuck to my walnuts and dates, then drank a cup of lemon tea.
I've had to think several times during this holiday about what it is that motivates me to eat healthily.
Here's what I've been thinking:
** When I eat healthily, I feel fitter.
** Since I've started losing weight, I look better.
** Since I look and feel better, I smile more. I act more confidently. I actually feel proud of myself.
** Since I have shown myself that I can change my life habits in a positive way, B"H, I realize that many other dreams that I have can come true. That's a very empowering thought. 
** Since I've lost weight, I have to plan on buying some new clothing. And new clothes make everyone happy.
** Getting fit makes me feel younger, and act younger (not too young). I like being able to run and play with my little grandchildren, and I like hearing that my children's friends think I'm very with it.
** Feeling fitter prepares me to gather my strength to take new challenges.
I just figured out what motivates me to stick with the Efrat Women's Health Center program - I want to be the best and healthiest me possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment