Thursday, October 13, 2011

# 29 - Celebrating with My Friends

I went to Zumba tonight to try to shake off some of the challah and honey that I ate the sukkah today. The room was packed. I guess everyone felt they ate a bit too much of those holiday favorites, gefilte fish and tzimmes.
One of the Zumba-ists tonight was also a member of the Efrat Women's Health Center. After tonight's class, she came up to me and told me that her child came home for the holidays and said, "Ema,  you look great!!"
My friend was so happy. She said she told her child, "Thank you. I still have a way to go." Her child said, "Ema, you look great to me."
I gave her a giant hug. She was just flying high and I flew with her.
Hooray. Victories like these mean so much!!
We've worked so hard for the past three months. Sometimes we wonder if we've actually made any difference in our shapes. Then we see someone we haven't seen in a while and they tell us how great we look. Well, that feels terrifico!!

No comments:

Post a Comment