Monday, October 10, 2011

# 28 - Is She Trying to Kill Us?

Twice a week I go to the Efrat Women's Health Center for interval exercise, Zumba exercise and a round-table with the Center's social worker and its nutritionist.
Tonight we had an exercise class with Daphne Kupietzky. Now, we've been exercising with Daphne for three months. When we began I asked our instructor, "What's the goal?" She said, "Move and sweat." I moved. I sweated. I enjoyed our exercise class.
A few weeks ago, Daphne explained that we had to turn our classes up a notch. We started doing interval training - working on something really hard for 30 second sprints, then taking a 30 second slower pace.
An interval training website said, "Interval training can supercharge your fitness, boost your metabolism, burn off that extra fat and start reaching those goals that you have set yourself."
So, Daphne feels she's pampered us enough and it's time for some real action.
We were on our feet doing a football run, squat jumps and pushing knee lifts. We gave it all we had to give. (Of course, next week, she'll probably say it wasn't enough and turn the screws up another notch. Wish me luck.)
I was sure reaching Daphne's goal - moving, sweating and going for the personal gold. I also reached my own goal tonight - surviving a session of interval training and then feeling great about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment